Speak With An Attorney Today  443-377-3043

Speak With An Attorney Today

Let The Law Work For You

How can I get a copy of my divorce decree?

Life happens sometimes. You may misplace your divorce decree and have a need for it long after your case is over. House fires, natural disasters and general accidents can lead to losing this paperwork.

If you have a need for a copy of your divorce decree, you can easily get one through a request to the Baltimore County Clerk of Court.


You will have to pay for a copy of the document. As of 2022, the cost is $0.50 per page. If you need the copy to have certification, then there will be a $5 charge. You can pay using a credit card, check or money order. The office will not allow you to use a debit card. You must pay all fees at the time of the request.


You can request your divorce decree online. You can also do it by mail or email. You will need to provide specific information which includes your name and the name of your former spouse and the case number. If you do not have the case number, the clerk can still process the request, but it does help to have it. You will also need to provide your mailing address so the clerk can send you the document. Make sure you provide all the information or it may delay your request.

The clerk’s office is on the second floor of the Baltimore County Courts Building on Bosley Avenue in Towson. It is open on weekdays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. You can also access the Baltimore County website for online requests and additional information.

RSS Feed

FindLaw Network