Know Your Rights In Domestic Abuse Cases
Domestic abuse affects many Maryland families. Whether this abuse is physical, emotional or financial, it can cause its victims deep wounds and scars that last a lifetime. Domestic violence accusations can also affect a divorce or child custody case. If you or a member of your family is being abused — or accused — by a spouse, domestic partner or significant other, you must do whatever you can to protect yourself and those you love.
Have you been falsely accused of abuse? If so, attorney Christine Saverda Nielson will assist you in proving the falsity of the allegations. She will relentlessly pursue your claims and defense.
Get An Experienced Towson Family Law Attorney On Your Side
The Law Office of Christine Saverda Nielson, P.A., in Towson, Maryland, provides legal representation to clients in the Baltimore area and throughout the state who are negatively impacted by violence and threats of violence. By seeking restraining orders and pursuing civil assault and battery cases, our family law attorney, Christine Saverda Nielson, helps keep abuse victims safe while holding abusers accountable for their actions.
Do not delay if you are suffering. Contact us at 443-377-3043 to schedule a consultation and get help.
Why A Restraining Order?
A restraining order, also known as a protective order, can prohibit an abuser (or someone who is threatening abuse) from:
- Contacting a victim by telephone, email, texting, written message or other means
- Entering or waiting outside the victim’s residence (even if the abuser also lives there)
- Entering the victim’s workplace or school
- Making threats or following the victim during his or her daily activities
A restraining order cannot guarantee an abuse victim’s safety, but it does place an important legal obstacle in the abuser’s path, and there are legal consequences if the order is disobeyed.
Obtaining an initial restraining order typically requires filling out paperwork and appearing at a court hearing while accompanied by our experienced attorney.
We also defend clients who are falsely accused of spousal abuse, child abuse or abuse of significant others. Further, we can seek to have falsely obtained restraining orders overturned.
Holding Abusers Accountable For Domestic Abuse
Attorney Nielson graduated from Yale Law School and served as a federal agent with the U.S. Treasury’s Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. She has more than 20 years of experience fiercely representing clients in domestic abuse cases in state and federal courts.
- If you have been abused, our lawyer can help you seek monetary damages as part of a civil lawsuit that can send a message to your abuser while helping to right the wrong done to you.
- If you have been falsely accused of domestic violence, the Law Office of Christine Saverda Nielson, P.A., can help you recover your good name and regain access to your home and children.
Contact Us Today For The Advocacy You Need
We counsel our clients by explaining their legal options and guiding them through challenging legal processes. Always, we seek to make our clients’ lives better than when they came to us.